User Materials Lead
FORM.com, a leader in the mobile data collection and business process automation software for mid-to-large enterprises, is looking for a User Material Lead in its Kyiv, Ukraine office.
As a key member of the FORM.com product team, you will drive the creation and improvement of all of the customer-facing materials that help FORM.com’s customers and partners learn and master the product and find answers to their questions about how to use the product. You will report directly to the US-based VP of Product and work with the global team of product managers, technical product owners, UX designers, and software engineers. You will also be supervising one technical writer based in Kyiv.
Your work will involve being intimately familiar with the product’s features and capabilities, technical architecture, integration functions, and privacy and information security aspects of the platform. You will work closely with the engineers, professional services, and customer support teams, as well as collecting customer feedback to make sure the documentation that is being created is useful, helpful, and helps improve our customer satisfaction.
If you have solid previous experience in technical writing, working for a software company, we would like to meet you!
Duties and responsibilities
- Write user documentation for new features developed in the product
- Create tasks for another technical writer and supervise his/her work
- Update the existing user documentation to reflect changes in functionality
- Review the existing user documentation, suggest and implement the changes to the documentation structure, navigation and content to improve the usability
- Collect and analyze customer feedback about the user documentation to help plan and prioritize improvements
- Independently or working with another technical writer/contractors create video tutorials, training materials, and on-boarding customer documentation
- Write technical documentation aimed at IT professionals: API documentation, InfoSec, and Privacy related documentation, regulatory compliance documentation, installation and upgrade manuals, and others
- Collect information about the system's limitations and reflect it in the documentation (i.e. minimum supported browser versions, maximum concurrent users, etc.)
Requirements and qualifications
- 5+ years as a technical writer or a similar role in a software company
- Demonstrated success in creating complex, yet effective software documentation materials
- Preferred previous supervisor/manager experience
- Bachelor’s/specialist/masters degree in computer science, marketing, linguistics, or related field
- Fluent English, both verbal and written
- Excellent writing skills, ability to express complex technical concepts in easy to understand and unambiguous manner in writing
- Sufficient understanding of software architecture, integration principles, regulatory compliance
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Analytical skills, ability to make data-driven decisions
- Project management skills
- Customer empathy
- Attention to detail, passion for great user experience
- Ability to set and communicate deadlines, consistently meet them
- Responsibility, ability to hold self, and others accountable.
This position is based in our Kyiv, Ukraine office.
- Competitive salary
- Unlimited vacation
- Health coverage
- Flexible hours
- Downtown office location (post-COVID) or the ability to work remotely.