Middle System Administrator/Junior DevOps (UA)
We are looking for an experienced Middle System Administrator/Junior DevOps to strengthen our Service operation team.
What you should know and have:
- Experience in *nix servers administration 3+ years (Unix/Linux);
- Basic knowledges of shell scripting and common GNU tools [bash/grep/awk/sed/etc] and ability to use them;
- Experience in setup and configure any Web servers (Nginx or Apache);
- Experience with configuration of any management system (Ansible or Puppet);
- Experience in setup/support Databases (MySQL, etc.);
- Basic knowledge of protocols (such as HTTP/HTTPS, FTP/FTPS/SFTP, SMTP);
- Sysadmin and/or DevOps experience desired;
- Problem detection with capacity/performance issues;
- Professional and positive communication skills;
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills;
- “Technical” level of English (reading and writing documentation).
Would be a plus:
- Experience in setup/support Web applications (with Tomcat, etc.);
- Experience in setup and configure Mail servers;
- Experience with any Virtualization systems;
- Prior experience and no problem crunching cases in a support queue;
- Experience in setting any monitoring systems;
- Experience in setup any Backup solutions.
What will you do:
- Support and maintenance application and related services in the production environment;
- Application and related services troubleshooting;
- Analyze and isolate issues;
- Investigating and resolving applications issues escalated by QA, DEV, support (1-st line) or internal monitoring;
- Linux/Solaris administration;
- Java based application support;
- Make continuous improvements to the performance of the system;
- Work on day-to-day tasks and find ways to automate them.
Special Job Requirements:
- Ability to deal with an occasionally flexible schedule;
- This position requires “on-call” time (The candidate should be ready for periodical on-call duty. A week of duty (24/7) once per month. Response time 30 minutes).
The successful candidate will be:
- Quick learner & self-learner (training and skill transfer from teammates is, of course, available/provided, but sometimes you need to find an answer now and you need to be comfortable doing that);
- Able to work with multiple tasks;
- Is able to deal with routine;
- A genuine desire to help people with their issues;
- Self-motivated learner.
- Possibility to work with different level of complexity;
- Exciting projects involving newest technologies;
- Enterprise level company;
- Direct contract with US company;
- Convenient location (city center, few minutes from a subway station);
- The open-minded team that is always ready to help;
- Adequate leadership that sets goals and judges by results.